vrijdag, augustus 10, 2007

a short update on my first 3 days

Tuesday morning I woke up at 5.30 am local time (Netherlands) and after a quick shower and breakfast we went at 6.30 am to the airport. I had to check in at 8 am. After checking in, passing the customs I went for some tax free shopping and a quick breakfast at Mac Donalds. At 10 am they expected us for boarding, but before we could go aboard, we had to be questioned by customs / immigration. Everything was allright so I could board.
During the flight I was sitting next to a wonderful couple from Florida (Jody and Dan). And we spoke for almost half of the time of the flight. The flight went well, seats were good, food was good too. A fun movie " Are we done yet" .

We arrived at Philladelphia airport on time. I first had to go to immigration, in order to get a copy of my left and right pointingfinger and a picture of my face and after a few questions I was allowed to enter the US legally. I went to pick up my suitcase and had to walk for a short while and then I had to give it to the people that were collecting the suitcases for Denver. After that I had to be checked again (luggage and shoes) and since everything was fine I was able to walk around for free at the airport. I had a slice of pizza and a bowl of fruit salad at the food court and a delicious Maui Mango Smoothy from the stand next to the waiting room for the Denver flight.
I slept almost most of the flight, or at least I had a great nap.

At Denver airport I had to take a kind of train to the centrall hall in order to collect my suitcase. And as I was walking around the luggage band I noticed a tiny tiara and the face of Caela. Anita, Caela and Michael had been waiting for me all the time, since my plain landed really late.
After we got home at Anita's and I gave them the tiny presents, we went to the living room where we chatted and laughed until 2 am.

We woke up around 9 am and we started chatting and laughing right away. It is so much fun to be around Anita and Caela. At a certain point we had to make sure we had to hurry, since Caela had a ballet class and audition at 2 pm. We watched Caela dance and we talked while she was having class. After that we went to Michaels and to a huge, very huge supermarket. Our biggest supermarket would fit in easily twice.
When we got home I went to bed for a short nap, since heat and lack of sleep cought me nasty.
After 2 hours I woke up and we had a marvelous dinner (tuna pita bread and a delicious salad). We were supposed to scrap at night, but instead we chatted and laughed again till midnight. That was when we really got tired and went to bed.

I awoke this morning at 6.30 am and took some pictures out of the bedroom window. Since the light of the rising sun and the view were gorgeous. Since everybody was still asleep I spend my time writing in my journal and reading a love novel. I even fell asleep for a short time. After showering and breakfast we went to Ft. Collins. At old center of Ft. Collins we wandered around for almost 2 hours. We had a snack (smoothies and a splash) at Ben & Jerry's, I bought some souvenirs and did some window shopping. After that we went to the big Colorado Welcome Center, where I took up some information and my free Colorado t-shirt.
Outside I shot some pictures of the mountains and we headed towards an organic supermarket (whole foods). Here I brought my camera and shot many pictures of the store. Even this store was bigger than our biggest supermarket. Then we went to the Mall where I bought a pair of Crocks (celery) and after that we went to the local scrapbook store.

All in all I had a blast of a time these past 3 days.

Tomorow we will be heading to Denver, for a visit to the Zoo and the Museum.

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Lieve Pietje, fijn dat je het zo naar je zin hebt. Geniet er van en ik zal iedere dag kijken of je nieuws hebt. Wij hebben genoten op de camping met Oma, Gonnie en cora. Morgen weer aan het werk.

Liefs en de groeten aan Anita en haar familie.

Liefs van je ma en pa.

ps: het systeem vraag om accountnaam ed. Ik snap daar niks vn en hoop dat je het bericht al met al toch krijgt.